Dec 4, 2010

How to handle multiple Brutus's.

I was asked today what character trait I look for when we choose our representative (DOP, BC).

Is it techinique? Ability to teach? etc... and I replied "Loyalty". Nothing matters if loyalty to the team is not there. Everything else just follows this one moral compass. You simply cannot waste your time on disloyal members. They are useless in the sense that they follow blindly often only led by their ego. They can't think for themselves and they certainly can't be their own leaders. They have no belief so they mimic what they are being told. More complicated one's like to pretend a leadership without taking accountability.

The greatest thing that can happen to him or her, is to surround himself or herself with loyal and talented people. You never know what makes a loyal person but I guarantee, if they are not loyal to you one time don't give them a second chance, because they won't be loyal the next time. I know this with experience and ironically, I learned this a lot by observing Kyokushin people and their attitude before/ after my father passed.

I say if someone sabotages what you are doing you have to get rid of them.   I say, "Get out of my face, you are fired." You can't waste time for your team by having disloyalty around.