Dec 3, 2011

My Beautiful Trip to Poland.... (^^)

I think flying disturbs my prana or something- I could not seem to function (barely) with my usual rhythm... I wanted to share my trip to Poland blog as soon as I got back! So here it is....

I was first blown away by how beautiful the city of Warsaw was. I think the landscape plus the night fall vision played some magic to my eyes- I started reminisce the movie "The Pianist"!!! So my mind was off to wonderland.

The hotel I stayed in had the best pillows!!!  I know that kind of sounds funny but I slept so well because the pillows were just heaven!

The next day, a lovely young lady M, we will call her- took me to a Museum. I was not aware of the national holiday but it was Independence Day. I was so moved by what I saw and learned.

Unfortunately I lost my camera few weeks ago- (tears) so I took some picture's on my phone but it was not as inspiring to take them... (sigh).

The food was lovely too! I was warned by the ever cautious hubby of mine, that I will have difficult time finding vegetarian food. I found salad bars and Perogi? Pierogi? sorry I can't spell right... but that was another heavenly experience! I had it every day of my stay there.... lol. They made some without the meat and replaced it with mushrooms and cottage cheese (I think) . It was delicious!

From a work perspective, I had a strained meeting. But every person I have met so far from Poland is so lovely. I felt at ease. Even students from another group seems so nice and humble and sweet. Ha!

I must thank Sensei Tadeusz and Sensei Richard (plus the lovely Jacob san and Beatrice....!) for traveling 8 hours or so by car for the meeting!!! This trip I had to be in Warsaw for the job I have- so I could not move as freely as I would have liked. But thanks to them, they did not show any sign of fatigue or exasperation and went straight to work! Amazing!




Anyway, back to my rambling. In Tokyo and being a vegetarian, I don't really see like this, fully shaped chicken- (is that the correct term?) . So I had to take picture's when it was served at our Mr. Tomasz Boruc residence....! wwww


*The pictures below are posted in random orders.


 My heart melted with this little girl.... (^^)//

 I was just admiring the rows of fruit juices at a deli......

 Usually I stay away from sugars but this was a yummy ice cream sundae......


 Lovely salad with pesto dressing at the mall...... it was a great shopping mall.....


                                             Mother Mary......


 The plaque outside the museum......
     This is the chicken I was talking about!!! Courtesy of the Boruc Family.... (^^)

 The Polish IKOK.... and they are such great people who loves my father's legacy. I am so appreciative of their love for Kyokushin. I am truly inspired by them. From the left: Maciek, Sensei Tomasz, Horaitu Sensei is the ECC from Romania, beautiful Beatrice and Mr. Czepczak who came to Japan this fall, Sensei Richard, Jacob and Sensei Tadeusz.

                          The ticket from the museum I visited on the Independence Day....

              Hand made Tiramisu by the lovely Mrs. Agnes Czepczak...... it was so nice. ^^/
     

I actually left my yoga mat (and equivalent for leaving your dogi for me) with one of the Dojo Operator's because I am already planning to return to Poland~~~!