Nov 16, 2012

My take on H.

Hasegawa Shihan.

People mention to me of his reign as the All Japan Champion.

I know that, I am aware. That was the whole bells and whistles of the Union.

Mr.Hasegawa was working for my mother and with her at the first floor office where the administration still takes place today. And so did Terutomo Yamazaki, the first All Japan Champion under Sosai. And there were many others. But other's do not use their title in a way that gets tarnished by their actions.  They certainly protect it and honor it to this day. Which is a contrast to what Mr. Hasegawa is doing, in my opinion.


Many great Kyokushin practitioners went their way and became independent.
And from what I can observe they are so grateful to Sosai and mother because they had to trod and pave the path that never were walked before. They are far more grateful to Sosai than those who still cling to the brand value of Kyokushin and abuse it.

My mother spoke fondly of Hasegawa.
That is why it disappoints us to see him do what he does today.

He was pivotal role for the Union with people. He was in the place to make a difference. And he was aware from the very beginning, not to have certain member's of the Union take part in the core decision making process.  Many advised him of his poor choice and selection but he ignored it.


And perhaps worse is he never seemed to have the gusto to make the change. That let the slime get around every corner and crevasse of what could have been a great concept.

And now for him to hop off to next. Where is the sense of accountability? Where is the responsibility ?

I can go on writing about this but...  There is no point.

Just quickly letting you all know where we stand, watching them.