Mar 11, 2011

Earth Quake.

I was underground on the subway when the earth quake struck the epicenter of Miyagi. It was scary but I kept on reading my book to take my mind off the oncoming panic!

I wanted to thank you all quickly for the emails and text messages I am getting. Honbu is fine - somethings were broken but not as badly as others in the neighborhood. The hospital right across from us (which all you visitors has passed by!) had all their windows broken from the shaking. Blessings to all the patients and staff there. Suzuki went in to help the elderly and people in wheelchair.

I came out of the subway and all public transportation was closed off- I walked 8 hours back home! Thankfully I was not in my heels...!

 I am taking Kyokushin students to help out with the Red Cross outside of Tokyo- closer to the disaster area. The electricity was down and I went to the net cafe but it was full so sorry for keeping you all waiting.

The tremblor is still ongoing....

Thank you so much for thinking of us.

OSU and Om,

Kuristy